Revision can make such a big difference to grades, yet is rarely taught in schools. This January, why not enjoy the joys of our A-Level Revision Masterclass from the comfort of home?
On the 30th Jan 2022 The Education Hotel’s Director, Jemma Zoe Smith, will be running a 1.5hr online masterclass aimed at supporting students in their preparation for A-Level exams and mock exams. This fun masterclass for students will help them to be able to revise in a focussed and efficient way.
There will also be an optional add on booking of a 1:1 coaching session with our Director Jemma Zoe Smith.
- When? 30th Jan 2022.
- What is covered in the Masterclass? Overcoming revision objections, how to make revision interesting, how to plan revision time and prioritise the most important topics.
- What time? 10am-11:30am
- What is the cost? £50 for the masterclass or £150 for the masterclass and the 1:1 coaching session.
- How does the optional 1:1 coaching work? The coaching last for 1 hour and is carried out by our Director Jemma Zoe Smith. Jemma’s revision skills have allowed her to gain 9 A* at GCSE 4 As at A-Level, 2:1 Degree in Biochemistry at Oxford University. Jemma is also a trained secondary school science teacher and has mentored students through their GCSEs over the last 10 years. The 1:1 coaching is a perfect opportunity to ask questions and focus on areas that might need improvement.
- Can I book the masterclass separately to the coaching? Yes.
- Who is running the Masterclass? The Education Hotel’s Director Jemma Zoe Smith. Read more about Jemma’s extensive experience below…
About Jemma Zoe Smith
Jemma Zoe Smith graduated from Oriel College at Oxford University in 2013, having studied her BSc and Master’s degree in Biochemistry. She returned to Oxford University in 2017 to gain her teacher training qualification. While at Oxford University, she worked with the university access team, where she supported schools to broaden the range of students applying to Oxbridge. One of her most surreal moments was when she met Michelle Obama and took part in a press conference when Michelle Obama visited Christ Church College.
Jemma has extensive knowledge of the education sector. From 2015 to 2018 she managed a school for students aged 17-19, focusing on helping students to secure UK university places in competitive fields such as Medicine, Law, Computing and Business. She frequently acts as an external consultant for education companies on entry to Oxbridge and top independent schools. She has been featured in The Independent, Telegraph and Guardian and is often asked to comment on educational issues. In 2019 she travelled to Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing to give a series of talks to parents about Oxbridge admissions and in 2020 she was asked to take part in a panel for Ghanaian parents regarding entrance to top UK independent schools.
In addition, Jemma meets with families all over the world to help them to select the right school and to prepare for entering the British education system. She has worked with families all over the world including Dubai, California, Turkey, Italy and Kenya. Last year she supported students who were accepted into the top UK schools and universities. These included: Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial College, Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Wycombe Abbey and Cheltenham Ladies College.
Oxford Office: +44(0)1865 548459
London Office: +44(0)2078 460259