The Education Hotel is a bespoke tutoring service offering premium tuition to children of all ages and nationalities. Our friendly team and dedicated tutors take the time to get to know your family, ensuring you receive the best solutions tailored to your needs.
We offer 1:1 and group tuition to students all over the country, as well as online tuition, recorded courses and resources – all designed to help families support their child to success.
Parents approach us throughout the year for a number of different reasons.
Here are some of the reasons that parents come to us:
- I have just had parents evening and my child isn’t doing as well as I expected
- My child is aiming for a top grammar school and needs support to get there
- I know that my child understands the information, but they struggle in exams
- We are arguing all the time to get them to work!
About Our Founder
Jemma Z. Smith graduated from Oriel College at Oxford University in 2013, having studied for her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Biochemistry. She returned to Oxford University in 2017 to gain her teacher training qualification.
Jemma has extensive knowledge of the education sector. She has previously managed a residential tuition centre based in the UK and tutored families in Dubai, San Francisco, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Hawaii and Kenya. Last year, she supported students who were accepted into the top UK schools and universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, University College London, Imperial College, Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Wycombe Abbey and Cheltenham Ladies College.
In addition to her role as Founder of The Education Hotel, Jemma remains involved in tuition, working with gifted students online and face-to-face. She is often asked to speak in the education sector at conferences and schools in the UK and internationally.
About Our Tutors
At The Education Hotel, we recognise the importance of understanding every family’s individual needs. The relationship between tutor and family sits at the core of our tuition programmes. We ensure that your chosen tutor will not only have a great rapport with your child, but also will understand the needs of your whole family.
Our exemplary private tutors come from the highest academic backgrounds, specialising in a full array of subjects at all levels. Prospective tutors are carefully screened, DBS-checked and interviewed by our Director before becoming a tutor.
We work with a small network of highly trusted tutors, only actively seeking out new personnel when our clients have specific needs.
Our Founder’s story
- Despite being in a grammar school I was overlooked for the first few years, but Peter understood me.
- Despite originally starting with him for English support, he saw that I struggled with writing, but that I had a passion for science.
- Despite only seeing him once an hour each week, he encouraged me to do scientific research and eventually apply for Oxford University, where I studied Biochemistry and eventually my teacher training.
- We believe in the potential of a child, just like my parents did. We work closely with parents as a team
- We know that different tutors offer different skills, which is why we hand select our tutors for our clients.
- We encourage children to reach for their goals, yet recognise that goals are different for each child.
AS FEATURED IN
Every student receiving 1:1 tuition from The Education Hotel also receives membership to our Member’s Club.