Head Office: +44(0)2078 460259
At The Education Hotel, we understand that gifted children develop cognitively at a much faster rate than some of their peers and that this can sometimes lead to a child feeling frustrated with the pace of school because of their high-level capabilities. High-potential learners may be broadly intellectual or more focused in a specific academic field, so we know how important it is to offer bespoke tuition to families.
Will This Suit My Child?
Is your child:
- Asking lots of perceptive, insightful questions or learning at a faster rate than others?
- Showing signs of a strong retentive memory?
- Extremely curious or able to concentrate for long periods on subjects of interest?
- Getting bored when not intellectually challenged?
- Missing out the intermediate stages in their work or skipping to the conclusion?
- Reciting complex theories at an early age?
- Setting high standards for themselves?
- Meeting developmental milestones ahead of their chronological age?
Generally, the identification process of a child with high learning potential does not rely on IQ or test scores alone, but comes from several different sources, including teachers, parents and tutors.
Some students are both gifted and have SEN needs (‘Twice Exceptional’).
* PLEASE NOTE – Each of our locations has an area of interest that they cater towards, in addition to their usual tuition. HLP and project-based learning is a specialism at our Oxford location *
This is a chance for students to meet with a highly academic tutor to go beyond the school curriculum, allowing your child to learn at their own pace and probe deeper into their interests.
When a child has high learning potential, they can often complete complex work with ease. However, many struggle with organisation, essay writing and other learning skills. Our Learning Support helps them to master these skills to reach their true potential
Having a child with high learning potential can be bewildering to parents. Our learning specialists can speak with parents to offer advice on keeping their child academically stimulated while supporting their learning.
Many gifted students struggle to communicate with their peers and crave a more challenging dialogue. Mentoring provides the opportunity to converse with a graduate tutor about their passions.
Interested In Project-Based Learning?
Project-Based Learning allows students to follow their interests by analysing a subject chosen by themselves. This is perfect for students looking to improve their portfolios when applying to a new school or university.
AS FEATURED IN
Every student taking 1:1 HLP Tuition both online AND in-person with The Education Hotel also receives membership to our Members Club.
Our Members Club contains a plethora of past papers from Key Stage 1 to 16+, so students can choose practice papers that stretch them the most!
There are also educational videos, worksheets, a bi-monthly strategy call and free subscriptions to IXL, Exam Success Academy & 11+ Chuckra.