It has never been easier to receive quality tuition online. This December, why not enjoy the joys of our 11+ & 13+ School Interview Masterclass from the comfort of home?
On the 18th Dec The Education Hotel’s Director, Jemma Zoe Smith, will be running a two hour online masterclass aimed at supporting students in their preparation for school entrance interviews. This fun masterclass for children will reinforce key skills, focus on interview techniques and ensure that your child will be confident for their upcoming interviews.
There will also be an optional add on booking of a 1hr one to one interview with one of our specialist 11+ & 13+ tutors.
- When? 18th Dec 2021.
- What is covered in the Masterclass? Common interview question, body language, ‘red flags’, how to ‘sell yourself’, ‘thinking outside the box’, logic & reasoning questions, online vs face-to-face interviews, advice for asking questions, group interviews.
- What time? 9am-11am
- What is the cost? £50 for the masterclass or £150 for the masterclass and the one to one interview.
- How does the optional one to one interview work? The interview is conducted by one of our specialist tutors. The interview lasts 45mins with 15mins of feedback at the end. The interview will take place during a time convenient for both you and the tutor.
- Can I book the masterclass separately to the interview? You can book the masterclass or the masterclass with the one to one interview.
- Who is running the Masterclass? The Education Hotel’s Director Jemma Zoe Smith. Read more about Jemma’s extensive experience below…
About Jemma Zoe Smith
Jemma Zoe Smith graduated from Oriel College at Oxford University in 2013, having studied her BSc and Master’s degree in Biochemistry. She returned to Oxford University in 2017 to gain her teacher training qualification. While at Oxford University, she worked with the university access team, where she supported schools to broaden the range of students applying to Oxbridge. One of her most surreal moments was when she met Michelle Obama and took part in a press conference when Michelle Obama visited Christ Church College.
Jemma has extensive knowledge of the education sector. From 2015 to 2018 she managed a school for students aged 17-19, focusing on helping students to secure UK university places in competitive fields such as Medicine, Law, Computing and Business. She frequently acts as an external consultant for education companies on entry to Oxbridge and top independent schools. She has been featured in The Independent, Telegraph and Guardian and is often asked to comment on educational issues. In 2019 she travelled to Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing to give a series of talks to parents about Oxbridge admissions and in 2020 she was asked to take part in a panel for Ghanaian parents regarding entrance to top UK independent schools.
In addition, Jemma meets with families all over the world to help them to select the right school and to prepare for entering the British education system. She has worked with families all over the world including Dubai, California, Turkey, Italy and Kenya. Last year she supported students who were accepted into the top UK schools and universities. These included: Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial College, Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Wycombe Abbey and Cheltenham Ladies College.
Oxford Office: +44(0)1865 548459
London Office: +44(0)2078 460259