What is SEN? How Can We Help?

It is not unusual for young people to experience learning difficulties at some point. For most children, the difficulties are temporary and are soon overcome with help and encouragement.

However, children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) need specialised help to tackle these issues. The term is used to describe a learning difficulty that makes it harder for some children to learn compared to most children of the same age. Children with SEN are likely to need extra or different help from that given to other children their age. This help is known as special educational provision and should be provided by a specialist.

The Education Hotel’s SEN tutors are qualified to provide tailored tuition to suit students’ individual needs. Tutors create tailored programmes for each family, usually starting with an Academic Assessment to determine which areas need to be covered, define the tuition goals and suggest objectives.


Claire Leech – SEN Specialist

Claire is our SEN expert at The Education Hotel. With a wealth of experience, Claire is available to answer any queries and offer guidance and tuition to parents about their child’s specialist needs.

What Claire has to say:

“I have a broad range of experience working with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) from beginner to Master’s Degree Level and across a range of subjects. This includes supporting students who have dyslexia, autism/Aspergers and pathological demand avoidance (PDA). I have worked as a SENCo in a secondary school and specialise in teaching Maths, English Language, numeracy and literacy.”

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) support, Maths and English language, Numeracy and Literacy

National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination (NASENCo) • PGCE (Awaiting qualification) • Oxford Brookes University
Certificates in Autism Training • National Autistic Society
Qualified Teacher: Learning and Skills • QTLS • Institute for Learning
Certificate in Post-Compulsory Education • Cert. Ed • Bedfordshire University
Certificate of Personal and Professional Development in Numeracy Teaching • CPPD (Level 4) • Thames Valley University
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) • Westminster Kingsway College
Materials Science, Economics and Management • MEng (Hons Oxon) • University of Oxford



Head Office: +44(0)2078 460259