At The Education Hotel, we recognise the importance of becoming an independent learner. Using a range of specialist Study Skills Support tutors, we can help your child develop strategies to manage their studies effectively.
Your child’s Study Skills tutor can help them evaluate their existing strengths and study methods. Our tutors support students in areas they may find more challenging by introducing a range of strategies to enhance learning:
- Note-taking and summarising
- Memorisation strategies
- Active reading and reading efficiency techniques
- Strategies for selecting information
- Question analysis
- Planning and structuring essays
- Organising, ordering and structuring your ideas
- Structuring arguments and expressing ideas
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Ways to revise for exams
- Exam techniques
- Time management and organisation
Interested In Project-Based Learning?
Project-Based Learning allows students to follow their own interests by analysing a subject chosen by themselves. This is perfect for students looking to improve their portfolios when applying to a new school or university.
AS FEATURED IN
Every student taking 1:1 Study Skills Support Tuition both online AND in-person with The Education Hotel also receives membership to our Members Club.
Our Members Club contains a plethora of past papers from Key Stage 1 to 16+, so students can choose practice papers that stretch them the most!
There are also educational videos, worksheets, a bi-monthly strategy call and free subscriptions to IXL, Exam Success Academy & 11+ Chuckra.