We operate a Safer Recruitment process across the entire Education Hotel Network. As such we will require you provide us with a range of information and documentation to support your application, in line with the requirements for Safer Recruitment outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education. This will include proof of identification and right to work in the UK. We will also require two professional references. It is an offence not to disclose any information that relates to your suitability to work with young people and we are obliged to make you aware of this at the point of application
Are you a specialist in your chosen subject? Would you describe yourself as academically outstanding? Are you passionate and committed to education? If so, you could be the right fit to become a tutor for The Education Hotel.
The Education Hotel offers premium-quality tutoring with tutors from the highest academic backgrounds. However, it’s not all about your degree, many of our tutors have extensive teaching experience and testimonials from previous students. We consider tutors who have recently left the classroom as well as those who do not hold a teaching degree but have plenty of experience. To ensure our services continue to be rated outstanding by our clients, our staff work tirelessly to ensure that our tutors are the best there are.
So what’s needed? Tutors must:
- Have a specialism in an academic subject.
- Have a degree.
- Be based in the UK.
- Have or be willing to get a DBS check that is no older than 1 year.
- Sign up for the government’s ‘Update Service’.
- Be competent using online teaching technology.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends.
A couple of factors will greatly increase your chances of a successful application:
- A commitment to tutoring for at least a 2-year period
- The capacity to tutor for 3+ hours a week
- Teaching experience – either in the classroom or as a tutor
- A strong academic record
- A passion for education