Following the success of our sold out 11+ Summer courses in August, this October The Education Hotel is excited to announce another two 11+ courses. These courses can be enjoyed online from the comfort of your own home.
During October 2021 our 11+ specialist tutors will be running two 5 day long online courses over the half term period. These fun group lessons will are split into two courses:
• Creative writing •
• Preparation for pre-test and independent 11+ exams •
- Can I book both courses? Yes!
- When? 26th-30th October 2021
- What is the cost? £250 per week.
- What time? Creative writing from 2pm till 4pm – Exam Prep 9am-11am
- How big are the groups? Maximum 8 students per class.
- What will student’s receive? On top of 2 hours of tuition per course, students will receive daily independent homework tasks, an end of week report and a certificate of completion.
- Who are the tutors? All tutors at The Education Hotel come from the highest academic background and are DBS checked. See a small selection of our specialist 11+ tutors below…
PREPARATION FOR PRE-TEST AND INDEPENDENT 11+ EXAMS
Increasingly many independent schools have introduced both testing and the process of pretesting. This has been in response to an increased demand and competition for places. This method provides schools with an indication to whether a child will be suitable for their school.
This course caters for children who are looking to take both the regular 11+ exam and the pre-test. These fun and informative lessons will reinforce key skills, focus on exam techniques and ensure that your child is ready to take their exams.
Often children feel that the creative writing element of 11+ is the most challenging task. Parents who want to support their children are often at a loss on how to prepare. However, it doesn’t need to be difficult, The Education Hotel’s specialist 11+ are on hand to support students.
Our course helps children prepare for examiners who may have different priorities. Some examiners may be interested in the content of the work, rather than strong spelling or punctuation. Others focus on grammar, punctuation and spelling. It is important to be prepared in all these areas, but we can be sure that all examiners will be looking for several important things: a story with a clear “beginning, middle and end”, great vocab and description this is the area that most children struggle with.